My Best Friend Is My Mom/Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Best Friend Is My Mom/Dad

Has any of you consider your mom,dad, or both as your best friend? I'm just curious about it since I've met someone who sees his mom as his best friend.

I don't consider them as my best friends. I've always considered our relationship like an employer-employee. They're my parents and I'm just their daughter

Comment

• Shanti55
      Shanti55 commented
      Editing a comment
      And I'm guessing that you've never shared any secrets with them because of it?

• ONENINE
      ONENINE commented
      Editing a comment
      The same also goes for me and yes Shanti55 I also don't tell secrets to them because they are really very strict on me.

Yes I consider them both and love them to the moon and back. I never complete my day or week if I dont see them because they are a joy to my heart.

Comment

• partyhard6
      partyhard6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you girl, I might be having or dealing a problem with my parents but my love for them will never cease.

• NYCutie
      NYCutie commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that till works until you get married!

I don't consider them as my best friend but as I've gotten older I'm starting to understand where they're coming from.

Comment

• ShayaLDF
      ShayaLDF commented
      Editing a comment
      And what exactly is it that you understand? That as time goes by you should learn how to be close enough to them.

• Brittney01
      Brittney01 commented
      Editing a comment
      As you grow older I think its important to you to understand that they are more worth it to be our best friends.

Before I consider them as my best friends and we were so close to each other but when I got older, other people are teasing me as mother's baby boy and I got really embarrassed. I am still close to my parents now but not like our closeness before.

Comment

• Jacky67
      Jacky67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah don't be embarrassed don't mind those idiots and I think being a mamma's boy is cute.

• ThristyMisty
      ThristyMisty commented
      Editing a comment
      I was expecting that it would be the other way around. That you ended up considering them as one of your best friends

• NathaneJG
      NathaneJG commented
      Editing a comment
      Jacky67 How did it become cute being a mamma's boy?

Yeah, I always consider my mom to be my best friend but my dad has another family which makes me hate him but I still respect the old man but don't like him for what he did to us.

Comment

• MonStar
      MonStar commented
      Editing a comment
      Hatred really causes us to not consider them as special anymore but I hope you still forgive him for what he did.

• CalmTits
      CalmTits commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he left you all of a sudden or your folks got divorced and he ended up marrying again?

• aria75
      aria75 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is so sad but you are really a great woman to still have your mom on your side!

I don't really consider them as my best friends but more of an equal since we're all adults. Talking about equals in terms of giving them advice when they need it and not mistreating them.

Comment

• JazzPer
      JazzPer commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't really side with you because I think they are more than just equal adults to us.

It could be but the respect must remain as how parent-daughter/son should have. Treat them as your best friends, a confidante; respect them as your parents.

Comment

• RopeShow
      RopeShow commented
      Editing a comment
      You sounded like a child who has never tried rebelling over your parents. That's good, actually.

• LowBlowJojo
      LowBlowJojo commented
      Editing a comment
      For a grown-up man, that could not be an easy thing to express. As long as I am good with them, nothing goes wrong.

Yeah even if we are apart or in a long-distance as to now, I still treat them as one of my best friends in life and that for me is a good feeling.

Comment

• NaughtyNCute
      NaughtyNCute commented
      Editing a comment
      What more important is we make them feel that they truly are our bestfriend by calling them each day or just a plain chat would be fine.

I treat them as my best friend but sometimes it just pressures me to tell them everything. It is okay for me to share my life with them but there are some things that I prefer sharing with my friends than with my parents.

Comment

• Mariannelou
      Mariannelou commented
      Editing a comment
      There are things that are also not understood by our parents that is why you would prefer to share it with people of the same age as you.

• MKellyK
      MKellyK commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel that too. Whenever I share something with my parents about guys, they are not interested on it.

Never actually seen in that light, but there are times that they tried to make me feel that they can be my best friends.

Comment

Working...
    X