To settle down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To settle down

My friend told me that she's been dating this guy for a month and he starts asking her about marriage and family life. At first, she finds it sweet that he has plans for the future, but it turns out that he's quite forceful for them to settle down already. They haven't been together for years but is it possible that they can settle down for just months of dating? Why or why not?

Forcing her to settle down? That's a red flag over there. They've been dating for months and he's channeling his inner psychopath? Girl, tell your friend she should dump him already!

Comment

• CarolNM
      CarolNM commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd rather be alone than to be with an insane person like him. Why is he being forceful anyway? Is he really that desperate to keep her already? She must save herself and leave immediately.

Is he really that desperate to force someone to be with him for a lifetime? That's insane! Wait, no, he must be insane!
    It okay to talk about marriage and having a family in the future but forcing someone to be a part of your future is not right.

Comment

• NathaneJG
      NathaneJG commented
      Editing a comment
      You know what they say that you cannot force love. And so, you also cannot force fate, destiny, or whatsoever. If everything in a relationship is forced then I guess that all this time, it was only a one-sided relationship. We all know that it is not healthy because a forced relationship always turns out to be toxic.

It is possible that they can settle down even for just months of dating. I can see that he's determined to settle down with her and have a family with her, so, why is that so wrong? She should consider herself lucky that a man like him wants to be with her forever.

Comment

• NaughtyNCute
      NaughtyNCute commented
      Editing a comment
      But why is the man so insistent to have a family? Does he have a terminal disease that he is catching up with time to have a family and child before leaving this world? What are his possible motives?

• Jennie03
      Jennie03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, you have some points there. There is determination on his part. So, yeah, I think that she could accept it as long as she is sure with the man already.

It is possible to settle down after months of dating but that is not advisable as you do not know the full personality of the man. Anyway, should anything bad happen, you could always file a divorce depending on the case that you would have. Even then, it would be a waste of time, money and effort to have a divorce.

Comment

• AmethystRockStar
      AmethystRockStar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, get to know that person well. You two should know what capabilities you both have to have a great family. It will need a lot of work but I swear that it's all worth it.

Originally posted by Jasmmy76 View Post
    My friend told me that she's been dating this guy for a month and he starts asking her about marriage and family life. At first, she finds it sweet that he has plans for the future, but it turns out that he's quite forceful for them to settle down already. They haven't been together for years but is it possible that they can settle down for just months of dating? Why or why not?
    They should hold that conversation and must discuss it really soon. There should be things that they must agree about before they could even consider settling down. Is he the right person for her to marry? If she's in doubt well, she should convince him that it's too early for him to ask those questions.

Comment

• aria75
      aria75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, when both feel that they like each other, then they could talk some more and have mutual understandings first before they finally settle down.

Some had settled down without even dating beforehand and their relationships still worked out. So, if they like each other, then, yeah they could settle down even only after a month of dating.

Comment

• TittyTassle
      TittyTassle commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you referring to those arranged marriages? If yes, then their culture is different from ours. It works with them, but I do not think that it would work with us.

• partyhard6
      partyhard6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, they could settle down. They could file for a divorce should they have some problems in the future.

Why is it too soon? Why was he in a hurry to settle down? I do not get his intention why he wanted to settle that quickly. As for me, I would be wary if that is the case.

Comment

Working...
    X