Give up hooking up for a new partner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give up hooking up for a new partner?

You're enjoying your single life, hooking up with different men and then you met this guy online. You kind of like him, in a hookup sort of way but he tells you that he wants you to be his partner because he does not see you as a hookup for him. He's decent, handsome, and sweet. If you two started dating, all those hookups will be gone. Still, will you give him a chance to become your partner?

I could tell that he is not decent. If what he does is just to make hookups only with various women then that is not considered as a decent man. Anyway, I would have to weigh if he could pass my standards. Should he pass, then okay, those hookups would be a thing of the past.

Comment

• GoldieSnitch
      GoldieSnitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, he likes to be serious with you. The problem is with YOU, imagine that you've been hooking up with different men and now that he's here, he wants you to stick with him because he told you that he does not see you as another hookup for him. I think you should give this man a chance.

Hooking up would be fun and all, but it should not be done. We must give respect to the partners who have been loyal and faithful to us.

Comment

• NathaneJG
      NathaneJG commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it is given that when we are committed to someone already then we must stop playing games and having hookups. Why'd you even want to have a partner if you still want to hook up with random people?

It is nice to try something new and someone new, so I guess that I would give him a chance to prove that he is sincere with his intention.

Comment

• Jazza76
      Jazza76 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's more like it. If that were me, I'd do the same things as you've said 4never. I think that I would like to meet this man and see if he's different from any other man that I've been hooking up with.

• MKellyK
      MKellyK commented
      Editing a comment
      And then what? What would you do if he does not live up on your expectations?

If I choose to have him, there would only be one man in my life and I think that it would be boring. It is still nice to have multiple hookups and get the tastes of various men. Lol.

Comment

• queenbee
      queenbee commented
      Editing a comment
      So you are one of those women who likes to collect men huh? What do you get when you have sex with different men? Do you feel more confident when you do that? Well for me, I prefer having a partner rather than continuing to hookup with different men. It's time for me to be serious, I guess.

Since I am still young, I wouldn't give up the hookups to be in a serious relationship just yet. I want to enjoy my youth first and will just think about serious relationships in the future.

Comment

• ShayaLDF
      ShayaLDF commented
      Editing a comment
      So in what age are you planning to stop hooking up different men? When you are near 30, perhaps? I am asking you because that's my plan as well. I think people should already stop playing around and hooking up when they are near their 30s.

No, I wouldn't give up hooking up for a new partner. It is fun to have hookups and to not be committed to someone. I would choose being free to hookup with anyone I want rather than being committed to one person. Well, this is just my opinion.

Comment

Yes, I would give up hookups for a new partner. It is not easy to find someone who you can have a serious relationship with. Also, I want to experience something real that is not just fun and sex. I want someone who I can commit to.

Comment

I believe when people say that "the more, the merrier". So I wouldn't want to give up hooking up just to be with a partner. I prefer having several people to have sex with rather than just one.

Comment

• CarolNM
          CarolNM commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay. I guess that you are just into those sex thing and not actually looking for a long-term person to be with. When would be the right time to find that someone to be with?

I guess I will only give up hooking up if I already got tired of doing it. Maybe if I don't see the sense of doing that, that's the perfect time to stop and look for a partner.

Comment

I do think that I am quite old for hookups already that's why I am willing to trade hookups for having a serious relationship with someone. I think now is the perfect time for me to do that.

Comment

Working...
          X