Choosing someone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing someone

I have a friend who's in a relationship with someone for years now and he admits that there is no spark between them anymore. The reason why they're still together it's because they've been dating since 2006. One day, he met this girl and became close with her for three months. He starts falling in love with her and sees that she's better than his current girlfriend. Now, I told him to make a decision and he has to choose between one of them. I still haven't got any updates about it, so now I got curious to ask you guys here too. If you guys ever got into this situation which one would you choose?
    Stick to that years of relationship with someone but you know it gets dull the longer you stay.
    38.46%
    Start over and get to know someone better since everything's fine and you both like each other.
    61.54%

I would choose to start over with someone new, someone better. If you're bored with your long-term partner, you should end things with them before you go looking for a new lover. A new lover wouldn't exist if you truly loved the first.

Comment

• ChokeMe
      ChokeMe commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right and so on-point! Honestly, I wouldn't love another man if my man would've treated me better in the first place. I am willing to work things out with him but I think there is no point in trying.

Originally posted by queenbee View Post
    If you're bored with your long-term partner, you should end things with them before you go looking for a new lover. A new lover wouldn't exist if you truly loved the first.
    That is definitely on point right there queenbee, why'd you have to stick around with someone you've been with for decades now? And it seems that there is no progress from the relationship you both have. It's time to replace the old with something new.

Comment

Give it a chance, I'd choose to stick to those years of relationship with someone. It will never get dull unless you two work for it, make things work together to make a relationship grow stronger.

Comment

• Synthia14
        Synthia14 commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as I'm still with the same guy who first fell in love with me, then we should make things work together. A relationship wouldn't go boring unless you both intentionally made it boring.

• Mariannelou
        Mariannelou commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Those are nice advices. And, actually, you are right. This is a nice way to go to.

Would suggest that the person end the long term relationship and go with the new one. There is no point in staying in a relationship where there's no love between the couple

Comment

• SkykesNM
        SkykesNM commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you're right. If there's no love then he should move along to the new one.

• addictedcansi
        addictedcansi commented
        Editing a comment
        This is right. If the relationship is already dying then let it die and create a new and better one.

Do you really think that those are his only options? It is possible that he felt attracted on the second one because of the spark between him and his long term girlfriend was lost.

Comment

• MonStar
        MonStar commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you thinking that if the guy realizes that his affair would make him realize what his doing is wrong and this would lead into reigniting their spark?

I choose to start over with someone new. Since I'm ready for some new things even meeting new people and going to new places. It would be such fun than just sticking around with someone who sucks the happiness out of you.

Comment

• PinkDeedee
        PinkDeedee commented
        Editing a comment
        But are you going to tell her that she's sucking the happiness out of you when you tell her that it is over between the two of you?

Meeting someone new sparks my interest into getting to know them better. It's better than just making things work for someone you've been with for a long time. And sadly, the spark is no longer there.

Comment

• PussyGalore
        PussyGalore commented
        Editing a comment
        So you're suggesting that he should end the long term relationship and start a new one with the second woman?

Originally posted by ThristyMisty View Post
      There is no point in staying in a relationship where there's no love between the couple
      Yes, this might be true, but there are circumstances in which they really have to stay together. Like having their own children

Comment

• JazzPer
        JazzPer commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing that's you're willing to do such a thing for the sake of your children. But are you going to end the relationship with him once your children has reached a certain age?

Start over and get to know someone better since everything's fine and you both like each other.

When the relationship is already not working, it is time to stop it. Making it longer would make the two of you feel miserable.

Comment

• Jennie03
        Jennie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want to startover then you better break it up on a nice way by not flirting with the new girl already if the two of you are still together

Stick to that years of relationship with someone but you know it gets dull the longer you stay.
      I would stick with the old relationship and have a reboot. Maybe we need to do some recharge to make it spark once again. The years spent together must not be just thrown away.

Comment

• JeansFFF
        JeansFFF commented
        Editing a comment
        If it's worth sticking to someone's ass for a long time, then I'd choose to stay. Even if the situation ever happens to her meeting someone new. I know she would choose to be with me since I've been a faithful boyfriend to her. There is no reason for her to even go out and see other guys than me.

• Olga78
        Olga78 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd still stick around with my long term boyfriend. Maybe we're just caught in a stressful moment that's why the spark between us is wearing out.
    Working...
    X