Text or call for dates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text or call for dates?

Wanna ask this girl out and don't know whether I should ask her out on the phone or over text

I think that most people today talk over text and make plans that way so it wouldn't be that weird to ask her out for drinks or a movie and I don't think she'd think it was weird that you were sending her a text message. We all communicate that way so it's not considered rude at all which is what I think you're worried about. I've been asked out so many times over text and it's always been fine with me. Plus the good thing is that you can double check the time and the plans just in case lol

Comment

Texts are so impersonal I think. It's like you can't be bothered to talk to me on the phone then I don't see why I should bother going on a date with you. Ya guys gotta at least make a little bit more of an effort I mean c'mon

Comment

Text for the first contact and then phone calls for the rest...I talk to a lot of people online and through text message because I don't want to let them into my life or know my number until I know that they are going to stay or at least hold my interest for longer than a few minutes

Comment

I appreciate calls but also I will say yes to a text message date too. I don't think that it's a big deal to get asked out over text unless it's someone that you've never met before. I get messages from guys asking me out. I don't always say yes but that's cause I'm just clicking with them. Once got asked out over email even. That was weird but I don't think that just cause someone uses technology that it doesn't mean that they don't like you or something. I do appreciate phone calls especially if it's someone that I really like but it's not necessary. I think that you're still geting the same amount of attention and people might even get back to you quicker too. The important thing is just to ask them out and see where it goes from there

Comment

I prefer to talk to a guy on the phone especially if I have never met them in person. There's just something about hearing someone's voice that can make it easier to find out what type of person they are. Also this is really shallow but I have been turned off by guys with high voices before. This guy messaged me on Instagram and we were basically sexting when I wanted to meet up with him in person. I gave him my number but when he called his voice didn't match his body at all. Turned me off and I couldn't take him seriously anymore. Need to know what someone sounds like before I go out with them but that might just be me

Comment

Well we have met once or twice in person and I wanna ask for her number but I just want to figure out what I should do when I get it

Comment

Confidence. I like that. You can get away with texting her for a date no problem

Comment

Maybe text her that you'll call her. Lol. If you're not that sure what to do.

Comment

Ask her out in person.

Comment

It will be safer to ask her via text. So that she has time to think about it. Because if you called her, she's forced to give you an answer immediately

Comment

Working...
                      X