Dating someone who is hot and cold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating someone who is hot and cold

So recently I met a guy. Just like everyone else I've dated he started out great, he was smart, sweet, funny and totally boyfriend material. Until it got to the point where he started acting differently. I would be sweet and he would be "unavailable", I give him space and he comes running round chasing me. It's Frustrating, so anyways I'm at a crossroads with this guy and i dont know if it's worth staying and putting up with this guy. Does anyone have a similar experience?

I don't think this guy is worth it at all, he could just be playing with you. Tell you what, you should never settle for less. Ever

Comment

That's one of the worst positions to be in for me. I dont wanna judge the guy cause I dont know anything about him, but usually with my experience they do that cause they aren't sure about how they feel about you. Give it some time then talk to him, maybe he's going through something and just needs a little space

Comment

As much as I wanna say stay, I dont think he's worth it cause if you like someone you shouldn't make them second guess. Don't get sucked into that vortex If I were you

Comment

• JazzPer
          JazzPer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it's hard to get out once you get invested, especially with a guy like that. He's toxic and bad for her

• GoldieSnitch
          GoldieSnitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, toxic people are hard to track but they will eventually slip.

• MarlaZinger
          MarlaZinger commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. Don't let anyone make you feel like you're always second best

Well, before anything else let me ask you if you guys talk about the deep stuff or personal stuff. that's usually a good indicator that he likes you.It's hard to make a conclusion based on your summary. If you could give us more details that would be really great.

Comment

• MarcyPlayground
          MarcyPlayground commented
          Editing a comment
          yes we do talk about some personal stuff but not too personal.

• TittyTassle
          TittyTassle commented
          Editing a comment
          oh, Well you could try asking him some personal stuff and talk about you two, if that thing going on between the two of you is going anywhere

I think when a person isnt interested they wouldn't set up a second date, let alone a couple. The best thing you can probably do is to be patient and just talk to him. He's probably unsure of his feelings so he wants to keep you in the grey... for the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcyPlayground View Post
          Just like everyone else I've dated he started out great
          Shouldn't you be able to tell by now if a guy is playing with you? I think he's probably going out with a few other women as well. Think about this, I mean really think about it.

Comment

Save yourself some time, Dating shouldn't be hard

Comment

• MarcyPlayground
              MarcyPlayground commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah but dating isn't all smooth sailing either.

• GoldieSnitch
              GoldieSnitch commented
              Editing a comment
              There will always be rough waters

• AmethystRockStar
              AmethystRockStar commented
              Editing a comment
              If you won't try it, how would you know?

Never date a man who has a hot and cold personality, That guy could be a psycho for all you know

Comment

• MarlaZinger
              MarlaZinger commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you know though

• JazzPer
              JazzPer commented
              Editing a comment
              somebody's been binge watching on netflix

• AmethystRockStar
              AmethystRockStar commented
              Editing a comment
              Well look around you, the things they show on the news. You never really know who's who these days

That guy is nothing but trouble and you are better off without him, all those kind of guys do is string you along and lead you on. This surely isnt the first time he's acted like this. Get back in the field and i'm sure a woman like you will have no trouble finding someone better and will treat you right

Comment

Based on my experience, the only way to deal with those kind of people is to do the same thing to them. If you're up for it you can try being cold and cold to him. let's see if he doesn't change after that.

Comment

• TittyTassle
                TittyTassle commented
                Editing a comment
                Awh. Making it even just makes you look bad

• MarlaZinger
                MarlaZinger commented
                Editing a comment
                I think that's a bit difficult to pull off if the person is not that type who would do it in the first place

Here's a quote by mandy hale “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.” Hopefully it'll help

Comment

You should ditch him cause Hot and cold relationships only ever end up in freezer burn. No matter how much you try to make it work, I've seen this too many times

Comment

• LowBlowJojo
                  LowBlowJojo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And you still do it

I see there are split reactions here. But for me, i think you should leave him. Leave him before you get invested in each other making it harder to leave

Comment

Hot and Cold right from the start? Seems like you're fighting for a losing battle. Save yourself the heartbreak and regret and date someone who sees your worth as a person and isnt afraid to let you know you're special

Comment

Working...
                  X